Alright, so my favorite side dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner is hands down, the stuffing. I have very fond memories of growing up and helping my mom make the stuffing and getting the turkey ready for the big feast. You better believe that no Color Me Sensible diet was going to stop me from having my stuffing this year. So after looking around, I discovered that they actually make Gluten-Free stuffing mixes. I was amazed and so happy. Here is how I went about my very savory stuffing this year.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Raw Turkey Sausage
- 1/4 cup dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Chicken Broth
- 5 tbsp Vegan Butter
Alright, so now that we have all the ingredients together, let’s get started!
1.Take the Chicken Broth and Heat up till it is steaming.
2. Add the Vegan Butter to the Chicken Broth and allow to melt completely.
3. This is the brand of stuffing mix that I used. Place the stuffing cubes into a mixing bowl.
4. Take your Celery and Onion and diced into small dices.
5. Gather up the Onions, Celery,Cranberries, Almonds, Turkey Sausage, and Seasonings.
5. Add all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix until they are combined completely. Make sure that the sausage is crumbled up into small pieces throughout.
5. Add your Chicken Broth mixture to the bread mixture and allow to soak in for a moment.
6. Once the bread mixture has soaked up the chicken broth, Place into prepared pan. I used muffin tins for this, but you could also use another casserole dish or prepare and stuff into a turkey.
7. Bake at 350F until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165F.