So, have you ever wanted to be able to eat more than one brownie and not really feel guilty about it? Do you have a a loved one who loves sweets but needs more nutrition in their diet? Do you miss brownies or wish you could have them, but are restricted due to special diets? Then listen up, cause these are definitely the brownies for you.
Sensible Decadent Fudge Brownies
14 oz canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
2 large eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
1 cup allergen free chocolate chips
1/2 cup kale, chopped
- Special note: This recipe can be made vegan as well by substituting the eggs with an alternative , my preference for this recipe is with mashed avocado. For this recipe, you would use 1/2 cup mashed avocado.
- You can also substitute spinach for the kale, it adds a great flavor profile.
Now, let’s get started.
1. Place chopped kale in boiling water and cook until tender(wilted). Drain when finished cooking.
2. Rinse and drain black beans to remove the excess sediment off of them.
3. Add the black beans, kale, sugar, oil, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, cocoa powder, almond milk, coffee into a blender.
4. Blend until smooth. Make sure that you mix it several times to ensure that the whole mixture is smooth.
5. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
6. Now transfer batter into prepared pans. (you can use square pans, round pans, muffin tin, or even loaf pans. The possibilities are endless! If you are using muffin pans, make sure to grease them really good so that way they don’t stick and break in half. These are very tender brownies..)
7. Top the batter with the remaining chips evenly amongst the batter.
8. Bake at 350F until a toothpick comes out clean. The baking times will vary anywhere from 13 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on what the size of the pan is.
* For extra flavorful fun, place brownie in a bowl and warm for 30 seconds, then top with your favorite ice cream and toppings for an ice cream sundae that is not only Delicious, it’s Nutritious too!!