What is an ice cream sundae without incredible fudge sauce? Well, I just am not sure. One of my most favorite desserts of all time, is make-your-own ice cream sundaes. The best sundaes include something crunchy, hot fudge sauce, and whipped cream. How can someone on a Color Me Sensible diet enjoy such a delicacy you ask? Well with just a few ingredients, I will tell you how. This is not just any old Fudge sauce recipe. This recipe can be used for regular fudge and sauce! It’s a double agent! Let’s gather up our stuff!
Sensible Fudge & Sauce
- 11.25 oz Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 pinches of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- You can switch up the type of chocolate chip if you want a different flavor
- I use Enjoy Life mini semi-sweet chocolate chips as they are free from the top 13 allergens.
- If using this recipe just for fudge, feel free to top off the mixture with sprinkles or other goodies like cookie pieces.
Alright… so I don’t know about you guys, but I am ready to get my sundae on! So let’s get started!
1)On the stove top, set up a double boiler. this involves a pot with some water in it and a bowl that will fit on top of the pot. Turn the heat on medium and allow the water to simmer.
2) Bring together the Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk, Dark Chocolate Chips, Coconut Oil, and Himalayan Salt.
3) Place the ingredients into the bowl on the double boiler.
4) Stir the mixture continuously until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
5) Pour into a prepared baking pan and allow to cool at room temp.
6) Cut up into bite size pieces and store in the refrigerator.
7) Alternatively: You can take a couple pieces and heat them in a microwave safe container until melted. Pour onto your favorite ice cream.