So many good pasta dishes call for a great marinara sauce and let’s face it, there are a lot on the market that are not necessarily allergy friendly. So i worked on creating a marinara sauce that I knew I would be able to eat and not regret later. This pretty simple marinara sauce can be made quickly or even done in the slow cooker. Feel free to add it to your favorite pasta dishes and create delicious & nutritious recipes.
Savory Homemade Marinara Sauce
3 cups tomato puree
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium carrot
1/2 a medium onion
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup water
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
Now that you have all the ingredients… Let’s get started!
1.Gather up your veggies and make sure to wash them!
2. Finely dice the green pepper, celery, and onion.
3. Using a grater, finely grate the carrot. (I use a microplane personally. It is quite possibly my most favorite tool in the kitchen)
4. Place olive oil in a medium sauce pot and turn it on medium heat.
5. Add to the heated sauce pot your green peppers, carrots, onions, and celery. Cook them until they are slightly tender. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
6. Once the veggies are ready, add the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, parsley, balsamic vinegar, and water to the sauce pot and stir together.
7. Simmer on low for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to marry in the sauce. Keep warm for service.
8. Add this marinara sauce to your favorite dish. Enjoy!!